Contract Length: 3 years
Hours: 35 hours per week, including weekend and evening working
Salary: £17,000 per annum
Applications close: 10th November
All Saints and St Catherine’s are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all employees to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to complete an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Check. It is a genuine occupational requirement that the post holder have a Christian faith.
- The young people are particularly looking for someone who is, “fun, nice, happy, and cooperative” and who will spend time with them.
It is also important that the person is or has:
- Appropriate training or experience in Youth Work
- Strong, passionate and infectious Christian faith
- A good communicator
- Consistent, well organised, and reliable
- An inspiring and enthusiastic team builder
- Humble spirited who works well with others
- Committed to building relationships
- Gifted at equipping and empowering young people to live out their faith missionally.
Purpose of the Post
Within All Saints, to provide pastoral care for, and disciple in the Christian faith, school age children and young people.
Within the community, to present the Christian message to children and young people within the parish who do not yet belong to a church, with the aim of bringing them to faith and discipleship.
To help shape the life and worship at All Saints in a way that is attractive to children and young people, empowering the young to have a voice in the life, ministry, and leadership of the church.
- Spend time with young people
- Particular focus on work with young people in school years 5-9
- Lead schools work, both in schools and church visits, with particular focus on school years 5-9
- Participate in All-In (monthly Sunday morning all-age service) and lead and preach at this service regularly
- Be part of the Sunday morning children’s groups team.
- Attend staff meetings, supervisions, and weekday morning prayer
- Liaise with the Child Protection Officer with regard to safeguarding requirements
- Be a member of Mission & Discipleship and Worship & Prayer Action Groups, and to be entitled to be in attendance at Church Council meetings as appropriate to speak as the voice of the children and young people in the church.
To be developed
- Relaunch 9-14’s midweek Christian youth club
- Organise occasional ‘one off’ special events to disciple children and young people. These could be day or residential, or a holiday club, or involve encouraging participation in Christian house parties (e.g. CYFA, Falcon) and festivals.
- Develop “Explore”, monthly Messy Church, to include older children
- Work with Parish Mission Enabler to develop outreach to young people through Orbit (community cinema and arts centre)